New Jersey Diving is all about Wreck Diving. Whether sunk on purpose as an artificial reef or the result of mishap, wrecks open fascinating windows to the past. Most divers find wrecked ships, airplanes and even automobiles nearly irresistible because they’re intriguing to explore, exciting avenues of discovery, and usually teeming with aquatic life.
In this PADI Specialty course, you will learn techniques for diving wrecks safely and confidently. This special version of the course includes 1 day of diving at Dutch Springs practicing wreck diving techniques and then 2 boat dives on the Gypsy Blood out of Point Pleasant, New Jersey accompanied by your wreck diving instructor. The Gypsy Blood will be headed to the wreck of the Algol on the 13th. You’ll be on the boat with your instructor, your classmates, and with other divers from Underwater Adventures Dive Center. Academic work is covered between dives at Dutch.
$199 + $115 Gypsy Blood Charter fee + course materials (book and required equipment)–see Wreck Course Fact Sheet below for details.
- Prerequisite certification: PADI Advanced Open Water Diver, or have a qualifying certification from another training organization.
- Minimum age requirement: 15 years
- Read and complete knowledge reviews from the Wreck Diving manual
Special Considerations: Required Equipment
In addition to the standard diving equipment, you will need to own or rent the following items for the course: surface marker, wreck reel, compass, and pony bottle. These are items that are required when diving in the Northeast.
- Saturday, 28 July 2018: Dutch Springs, PA
- Sunday, 29 July 2018: Gypsy Blood dock, Point Pleasant, NJ (weather permitting)
Call the shop to register!
Date(s) - 07-28-2018 - 07-29-2018